The Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities met in regular session on October 15, 2015 at STAR, Inc. In addition to routine business, the Board took the following actions:
· Approved four Direct Service Contracts
· Approved the Speech-Language Pathology Services Agreements between SCOESC and SCBDD for both school-age and preschool children for the 2015-2016 school year.
· Adopted Policy 4.08 – Internet Safety. This policy was designed to protect children from cyber-bullying, access to inappropriate material, etc.
· Approved revision of Personnel Policy Section 3.04.08 – Tardiness and Attendance. Updated policy to make attendance procedures uniform across the agency.
· Approved Annual Benchmark Plan to recruit additional providers and decrease Adult Day Services provided by the County Board.
· Comments from the Floor – Mr. Randy Stout was recognized and spoke before the Board.
The next meeting of the Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities is set for Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 6:00 P.M. at STAR, 2625 Gallia Street, Portsmouth. An Ethics Committee meeting will be held the same day and in the same building at 5:45 P.M. if there is a need. Meetings of the Board and its sub-committees are open to the public, with the exception of Executive Session.