The New Boston Board of Education met in regular session on June 25, 2015 and took action on the following items;
1. Approved bills paid, investment report, financial report and bank reconciliation for June 2015.
2. Approved appropriations and Amended Certificate for FY16.
3. Authorized Treasurer to request advance of taxes during FY16.
4. Accepted resignation of Beth Smith effective August 19, 2015.
5. Approved membership in BASA and OASBO for 2015-16.
6. Approved contract with SCOESC for Talented and Gifted Programs for FY16.
7. Employed Allison Dunn as an aide for the 2015-16 school year with no experience.
8. Employed Kailyn Smith as an aide for the 2015-16 school year with no experience.
9. Employed the following supplemental contract for 2015-16 school year: Christina Logan, HSTW Coordinator.
10. Accepted resignation of Mykael Gregory DeLong effective July 8, 2015.
11. Employed Katie Brammer as a teacher for the 2015-16 school year with a Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience.
12. Employed Anne Marie McIntyre as a teacher for the 2015-16 school year pending certification.
13. Entered into Executive Session to discuss personnel.
14. Reentered Regular Session.
15. Employed Christina Dever as Elementary Principal pending certification and accepted retirement of Diane Chamberlin.
16. Approved receiving bids for transportation van.
The New Boston Board of Education will have a meeting on Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 6 p.m.