At its organizational meeting on January 9, the Clay Local Board of Education acted on the following measures:
– Elected Bill Warnock as Board President.
– Elected Donnie Caseman as Vice-President.
– Set the regular meeting date and time for the third Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
At its regular meeting held on January 9, the Clay Local Board of Education acted on the following measures:
– Approved minutes of the December meeting.
– Accepted the financial reports.
– Approved the tax budget for fiscal year 2018.
– Authorized the Treasurer to apply for an advance draw on real estate taxes.
– Heard reports from principals Tony Piguet and Todd Warnock.
– Employed substitute personnel.
– Accepted a bid from Rush for the purchase of a new school bus.
– Approved gym usage for a youth sports program.
– President Bill Warnock was presented a plaque from a representative from OSBA to honor him for 25 years of service.
– Board members were acknowledged for their service in conjunction with Board Member Appreciation month.
The next regular Board meeting is scheduled for February 13 at 7:00 p.m. in the Board room.