The Board of Education of the New Boston Local Schools met on September 8 and took the following actions,
1. Approved bills paid, investment report, financial report and bank reconciliation for August 2016.
2. Employed substitute teachers.
3. Employed after school mall staff for 2016-17 school year.
4. Employed Stacie Cartee as a home instruction tutor for the 2016-17 school year.
5. Employed Nicole Rawlins as a substitute custodian.
6. Accepted resignation of Danielle Summers as JV volleyball coach.
7. Employed the following supplemental contracts for 2016-17 school year: Josh Holbrook, JV Volleyball coach; Samantha Hamilton, Junior class sponsor.
8. Recognized Donna Grimm, Katie Meehan as district volunteers.
9. Changed Capital Asset Policy to 50 years for useful life of a building from 30 years.
10. Recognized Stacie Cartee, Paul Mayberry and Greg Williams as intervention specialist.
11. Entered Executive Session to discuss litigation.
12. Re-entered Regular Session.
13. Discussed enrollment, District Report Card and cheerleaders.
The New Boston Board of Education will have a meeting on Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 6 p.m.