The Wheelersburg Local School District Board of Education met on Monday, April 25, 2016 at the Central Office at 620 Center Street, Wheelersburg.
Special Acknowledgements and Presentation:
Technology teacher Patty Staker brought information about the after-school Middle School Technology Club. Some students who participate and help lead the program presented examples of projects that have been created and that will be featured in an upcoming Technology Fair at the school.
Approval of minutes of the March 28, 2016 regular meeting.
Business of the Treasurer:
* Approval of the March 2016 Financial Report
* Acceptance of donations from the following: Catina M. Naegele, Tamara Schwab, Clay Local School District, Wheelersburg MOPS, Wheelersburg Athletic Association, Shaun Allen’s Giovanni’s, LLC, Fred W. Brisker, Robnett Fire & Security, LLC, Dale Boggs, Deemers, Inc., Johnson’s Shirt Stop, LLC, Ison Excavating, Misty’s Kone Shoppe, Bocook’s Garage, LLC, Staker’s Service Drugs, Inc., Hanes Chevrolet Company, McDonald’s, Haverhill Coke Co., Dempsey Heating, John Craig, Reinhardt Transfer, Lang Trucking, Wagner Rental & Supply, Wheelersburg Band Boosters, Marie Stover
* Approval of Group Retrospective Rating Program T.P.A.
* Approval of a purchase order
* Discussed updated Five-Year Forecast
Business of the Superintendent:
* Employment of substitute teachers as submitted by the county superintendent
* Employment of substitute support staff
* Re-employment of teachers whose limited contracts expire in 2016
* Set salaries of teachers whose contracts do not expire in 2016
* Employment of teachers for supplemental contracts and extended time
* Non-renewal of teachers with limited contracts (4)
* Non-renewal of teacher aides with limited contracts (3)
* Approval of the Wheelersburg High School 2016 Graduation list pending students’ completion of requirements for graduation
* Authorization of SCOESC Contracts
* Authorization of K-9 Agreement
* Non-renewal of latch key aides with limited contracts (2)
* Employment of a teacher
Old Business of the Board:
* Second Reading of the following Board Policies:
GCB-2-R, Professional Staff Contracts and Compensation Plans
GCN-1, Evaluation of Professional Staff
GCN-2, Evaluation of Professional Staff
IKF, Graduation Requirements
The next meeting of the Board of Education will be held on May 23, 2016 at 6:00 PM at the Board Office on Center Street.