The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for regular board meeting on March 10, 2016.
Among the actions taken by the board during meeting:
* Approved the agenda,
* Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on Feb. 4, 2016,
* Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
* Authorized the advance and/or transfer of funds,
* Authorized participation in the 2017 Ohio School Comp BWC group rating plan,
* Adopted a Section 125 Flexible Fringe Benefit Plan for employees of the South Central Ohio ESC,
* Employed substitute employees from 205-16, per the recommendation of the superintendent. Included was Victoria Book, Alton Lindley, John Craig, Carol Siegling, John Kirby, and Bonnie Smith as substitute teachers, and Shelly Osborne, Wendy Rawlins, and Bonnie Smith as substitute teacher aides,
* Authorized the re-employment of the following supervisory personnel, upon the recommendation of the superintendent, effective the first day of the 2016-17 contract year based on the board approved salary schedule now in effect. Included was Kara Copeland (3 years), Milinda Davis (1 year), Tammy Hambrick (3 years), Carrie Kyne (2 years), Sharee Price (1 year), Robert Seaman (3 years), Ken Smith (1 year), and Dawn Wallace (3 years),
* Authorized all cooperative program contracts with the participating districts for the period of July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2017. Programs involved include low incidence, speech, psychology, hearing impaired, pre-school, and regional direct services,
* Authorized the superintendent and treasurer to enter into agreement with the Jackson County Board of DD to provide speech and language pathology services for the FY17 academic year,
* Authorized the awarding of two Franklin B. Walters ESC Scholarships, in the amount of $250 each, for the 2015-16 school year,
* Approved the central office calendar for the South Central Ohio ESC as presented and recommended by the superintendent,
* Authorized employment of aides Kelly Blazer and Shelly Osborne,
* Amended the employment contract and salary of aide Lisa Pendleton, from aide 80 percent to full-time ED aide, effective March 14, 2016; and,
* Accepted the resignation of Jeremy Duncan, ED aide, effective March 11, 2016.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC office in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook and Twitter.