A CAO of Scioto County HEAP Outreach Case Aide will be available to assist with completing HEAP applications at the following scheduled events:
• February 1st, 12 noon: Nile Twp. Senior Center, Over 55 Club Meeting, 12215 US 52, Stout
• February 2nd, 12 noon: Minford American Legion Hall, Over 55 Club Meeting, High Street, Minford
• February 5th, 12 noon: Jefferson Twp. Senior Center, Over 55 Club Meeting, 200 Glendale Rd., Lucasville
• February 8th, 12 noon: St. Peter’s Church, Over 55 Club Meeting, 2167 Lick Run Lyra Rd., Wheelersburg
• February 9th, 11:00 a.m.: Valley Twp., Over 55 Club Meeting, Lucasville Giovanni’s, Lucasville
• February 17th, 12 noon: South Webster Senior Center, Over 55 Club Meeting, 995 Webster Rd., South Webster
• March 8th, 11:00 a.m.: Morgan Twp. Senior Center, Over 55 Club Meeting, 7106 Big Bear Creek Rd., Lucasville
Individuals needing assistance with their application must bring Social Security cards for all household members, proof of income for the past 90 days, primary heating bill, and electric bill.
HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) is a federally funded program administered by the Ohio Development Services Agency’s Office of Community Assistance (OCA). It helps eligible low-income Ohioans meet the high costs of home heating. A household whose total income is at or below 175 percent of the 2015-2016 federal poverty guidelines may be eligible. For example, a household of one may make up to $20,598 or $1,716 monthly; two household members may make up to $27,878 annually or $$2,323 monthly; four household members may make up to $42,438 annually or $3,536 monthly.
PIPP (Percentage of Income Payment Plan) Plus helps Ohioans manage their energy costs year round to avoid disconnection. It allows participants to pay a percentage of their gross income toward their utility bills instead of the total amount of current charges. PIPP is only available through AEP and Columbia Gas.
The Winter Crisis Program (WCP), a form of emergency HEAP, helps income eligible Ohioans that heat with electric or natural gas and are threatened with disconnection or have been disconnected; or have less than a 10 day supply of bulk fuel (propane, fuel oil, kerosene, wood or coal). This program runs from November 1, 2015 through March 31, 2016.
Home visits are available for shut-ins that are elderly or disabled. Contact CAO of Scioto Co., Inc. HEAP Office at 740-354-7541 for additional information.