The New Boston Board of Education met in regular session on January 12, 2016 and took action on the following items,
1. Elected Nancy Clever as President.
2. Elected Jeff Moore as Vice President.
3. Appointed Johnny Whisman as GAA representative.
4. Appointed Patty Fannin as legislative and Elaine Evans as student liaisons to OSBA.
5. Approved membership in OSBA for 2016.
6. Approved bills paid, investment report, financial report and bank reconciliation for December, 2015.
7. Approved tax budget for FY16.
8. Recognized Board members.
9. Employed substitute teachers.
10. Employed Christina Dever as elementary principal.
11. Accepted resignation of Rhonda Throckmorton as co-assistant athletic director and track coach.
12. Employed the following supplemental: Donald Stapleton as co-assistant athletic director.
13. Adopted Emergency Operation Plan.
14. Approved resolution adopting a calamity day alternative make-up plan.
15. Approved District Internal Facilitator(s) job description.
16. Set 2016 board meetings for the 2nd Thursday at 6:00 p.m.
17. Employed Alisa Jordan as substitute aide and secretary.
18. Approved Vanessa Seidel’s maternity leave until February 29, 2016.
19. Entered executive session to discuss litigation.
20. Re-entered regular session.
The New Boston Board of Education will have a meeting on Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.