* Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, located at Third and Brown Street, Sunday, January 10, 10 a.m. – Bible Discovery – There is a class for all ages, from Nursery through Adult. Sunday, January 10, 11 a.m. – Worship Encounter with Pastor Art bringing the message. An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing is available at all services. Children will be dismissed during the service, to go to their Children’s Encounter. Today we start a 21 day fast. During this time, the church will unite corporately, seeking God’s direction and glory for the upcoming year. Scriptural References for fasting are: Matthew 6: 16 – 18, Matthew 9: 14 – 15, Luke 18: 9 – 14, 1 Samuel 7: 5 – 6, Ezra 8: 21-23, Nehemiah 9: 1 – 3, Jol 2: 15 – 16, Jonah 3: 5 – 10, Acts 27: 33 – 37. Tuesday, January 12, 3 – 5 p.m. – LCM Food Pantry hours are observed, followed by their ministry at Tracy Park. Wednesday, January 13, 6:30 p.m. – Prayer Encounter.
* North Moreland Christian Baptist Church , Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Childrens Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno.
* Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will be led in their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday January 10 by Elder Carol McGraw as she develops the weekly World Church theme of “Be Baptized.” Elder Kathy Deemer will present the musical selections for the service and Children’s Church will begin also at 10:30 AM with Jessica Lincecum and Rachael McGraw in charge. This is also Subway Sunday with Elder Kathy Deemer leading the small group discussion beginning at 9:30 AM. The Lady Saints of the branch will hold their organizational Women’s Department meeting for the year of 2016 on Tuesday January 12 beginning at 6 PM.
* The First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg, will have worship services at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 10. Sunday school will begin at 9:30 a.m. Rase Martin, minister, will be teaching and preaching.
Ladies Bible Study will start at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 12, at the office annex. All ladies are invited to attend Bible study.
Rase Martin will have devotions at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 6, at the River Bend House in Wheelersburg. A new study “Acts of God: Why Does God Allow So Much Pain?” by Bob Russell will continue during the service of praise, prayer and Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 13.
Please come and worship with our congregation. If you would like more information about these events or the church, please call the church office at (740) 574-5031 or Rase Martin, minister, at (740) 574-1913.
* The Lucasville Community of Christ on Thomas Hollow Road invites you to come and worship with them. Church School starts at 9:30 with the Worship Service starting at 10:30. Elder Bob Rickman will preside over the Setting Apart Service for the new Pastor Elder Jhonda Gregory. Evangelist Doug Altman and High Priest Connie Altman will present the sermon and will administer the Setting Apart for Elder Jhonda Gregory. Bible Study Wednesday evening at 6:00pm.