November Board Meeting Notes
The Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities met in regular session on November 19, 2015 at STAR, Inc. In addition to routine business, the Board took the following actions:
· Approved one Direct Service Contract
· Received a report from the Facilities Committee Chair regarding upcoming capital improvement projects.
· Approved revision of PPM Section 4.06 and adoption of Board Policy 3.04.10 – Use of Motor Vehicles; regarding the use of motor vehicles to include a requirement that all staff have and provide proof of personal liability insurance in accordance with the Scioto County Insurance Plan and Ohio Law.
· Approved abolishment of PPM Section 4.07 – Transportation of Consumers Other Than On Buses as this Policy is no longer applicable.
· Approved authorization of Superintendent Monroe to negotiate a contract between SCBDD and the Educational Service Center for the purpose of hiring 1:1 Educational Aides.
· Approved the 2014 SCBDD Annual Report
· Approved two changes to the Table of Organization
· Approved the use of HRA dollars for dental and vision costs on a one-year trial basis
· Approved the Expenditure of Vehicles Grant, not to exceed $50,000.
· Approved changing the time of December’s Regular Board Meeting to 6:30 P.M. and December’s Ethics Committee Meeting to 6:15 P.M. (If needed)
· Voted that the SCBDD Delegate vote “Yes” on the proposed Resolution at the OACB Delegate Assembly
· Approved one Employment Contract as presented.
The next meeting of the Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities is set for Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 6:30 P.M. at STAR, 2625 Gallia Street, Portsmouth. An Ethics Committee meeting will be held the same day and in the same building at 6:15 P.M. if there is a need. Meetings of the Board and its sub-committees are open to the public, with the exception of Executive Session.