• Rosemount Nazarene Church, 1422 Rosemount Road, will be having services on Sunday, Oct. 14 starting at 9:45 a.m. with Sunday School, Morning Worship at 10:45 a.m. and evening worship at 6 p.m. The church will be in revival from Wednesday, Oct. 17 thru Oct. 21 with homecoming on Sunday. The speaker will be Rev. Jerry Bowling of Ewing, Ky. The Libby’s from Columbus will be singing Friday thru Sunday. Wednesday thru Saturday services start at 7 p.m. On Sunday services will start at 10:45 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• McDermott Community of Christ Church will have a guest speaker, Elder Jeanette Rachford from Pleasant Valley Branch, at the Sunday morning worship service. The service starts at 10:45am with Priest Rhonda Morkassel presiding, and Beverly Meadows will play the piano for the service. Ministry of music will be given by Erica Eddleman. Church school will precede the worship service, beginning at 9:30am with Elder Sandra Cable giving the church school worship, followed by classes.
Prayer service will be held at 7pm on Wednesday evening with Deacon Martha Ball presiding. A free lunch is served at the church every Thursday from 11am until 1pm.
• North Moreland Christian Baptist Church, Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Childrens Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno. The church is currently selling our new cookbook, titled “Feeding the Flock”. The cookbooks are $10.00 each. Call Susie Munion at 876-9778 or Pam Pennington at 456-0429 to order one.
• Wheelersburg Christian Baptist Workers Auxilary
The Wheelersburg Christian Baptist Workers Auxilary is currently selling homemade applebutter. The sizes are quart, $8.00 each. Pint size, $5.00 each. Sugar-Free is also available in pints, $5.00 each. Call Kay Vance at 606-922-6037 or 740-574-1675 to order.
• Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, located at Third and Brown Streets in Portsmouth. Thursday, October 11, 3 - 5 p.m. - Local Compassionate Ministries hours are observed. Friday, October 12, 4:45 p.m. - The Youth Group depart for Fall Retreat in Hocking Hills. Sunday, October 14, 10 a.m. - Donuts, Coffee, Milk in the Fellowship Hall. Sunday, October 14, 10:30 a.m. - Morning Worship with Pastor Brian Daniels bringing the message. An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing is available at all services. This is Alabaster Sunday. The Alabaster Offering provides funds for property and buildings around the world. Alabaster funds help provide land for many Work and Witness projects, and the entire Alabaster Offering goes toward the purchase of land and construction of churches, schools, medical facilities and homes for missionaries and national workers.
Sunday, October 14, 10:30 a.m. - Children’s Church, during Sunday Morning Worship. Spy Chase will immerse your children into a world of espionage, intrigue and fund. In Spy Chase, your children will join “P.R.O.P.H.E.T,” a secret spy organization. Their mission is to protect the teachings of the Bible from the Villainous League of Bad Guys. Along the way, they’ll learn about some real prophets, like Isaiah, Elijah and others.
Sunday, October 14, 5:50 p.m. - The Central Ohio District has elected to become known from this point on as the South Central Ohio District, per District Assembly 2012. In order to be compliant, we have to make an amendment to our incorporation papers as a local church body. The local church must approve this change and have a record of it in order to meet state requirements. We will take the vote at 5:50 p.m. before the evening service.
Sunday, October 14, 6 p.m. - Sunday Night Live, Wednesday, October 17, 7 p.m. - Prayer/Share, Wednesday, October 17, 7 p.m. - Kool Skool for Kidz, grades K - 5.
Wednesday, October 17, 7 p.m. - Ten:10 Ministries, grades 6 - 12. Thursday, October 18, 3 - 5 p.m. - Local Compassionate Ministries hours are observed.
• Sandhill IPPCC Church will host the Swauger Valley Freewill Baptist Teen Group, will be performing at the church on Sunday, Oct. 14 at 6 p.m. The church is located at 200 second street in Sandhill, Ky. For more information call 740-821-0766.
• This Sunday evening (Oct. 14th) at Wheelersburg Baptist Church …..Growth Group Series: “Not a Fan”, based on the book by Kyle Idleman, begins! Growth Groups will begin at 6:00 p.m. here at the church and will run each Sunday evening through Nov. 25th.
C2 Ministries (Wheelersburg Baptist Youth Group) will have a “5th Quarter” here on Friday night (Oct. 12th) at the church following the local football games. C2 Ministries will be going to Kings Island on Saturday, Oct. 13th.
Wheelersburg Baptist Church is located at 11712 Gallia Pike in Wheelersburg, OH. Service times on Sunday are Sunday School at 9:30 a.m., Morning Worship at 10:30 a.m., Evening Worship at 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Evening Services: 6:30 p.m. - C2 Ministries (Youth) and Kid’s Club (ages 4 to 6th Grade) Begins with a light meal for the Kid’s Club and workers and then Bible Study. Adult Bible Study/Prayer at 7:00 p.m. *Nursery Care is provided for ages 0-3 during service times.
• Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt. 139 will be holding a Revival the week of October 15-20 at 7:00 p.m. with Rev. Joe Nelson and Rev. Jarod McKinney. Special singing nightly on Monday evening-Susan Wellman, Tuesday evening-Kaci Griffith, Wednesday evening-Teresa Wagner, Thursday evening-Russ Hammonds, Friday evening-Spirit Led, Saturday evening-His Own.
• Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will witness the Sacraments of Confirmation and Baby Blessing at their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday October 14. The “Respond Generously to God’s Grace” weekly theme will be developed by Brianne Tackett with Teacher Luanne Day providing music for the service. Elder Brenda Strickland will be the guest minister and bring forth the Morning Message with the youth of the congregation singing, collecting the offering and reading scripture. This is also “Subway Sunday Morn” when all saints of the congregation are invited to meet at Subway in West Portsmouth at 9 AM for fellowship and breakfast before Morning Worship.
• • Berean Baptist Church, Winchester and Bloom, Sciotoville, Sunday Services:
Sunday School 9:30 a.m. Morning Worship Service 10:40 a.m. Beginner Church (3 to 5 year olds) 10:40 a.m. Kids Church (First thru sixth grade) 10:40 a.m.
Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Services: Wednesday Prayer Service 7:00 p.m. Kings Kids Club 7:00 to 8:15 p.m. Bus Ministry Visitation each Saturday 11:00 a.m.
Dr. Fred Mann from Independence, KY will be bringing the message on Sunday, October 14 in both the Morning and Evening Worship services. The Adult Choir Special will be “I Bowed on My Knees and Crieid Holy” with Cheryl Porter singing the solo part and the choir joining in. The Ladies Ensemble will be bringing the special music for the Morning Worship Service and Carol Southworth and Becky Hickman will be singing a duet in the Evening Worship Service. Special Missionaries will be Jeff and Sabra Wilson, serving with the Old Paths Ministry. Rev. Harry Ramsey will be bringing the message for the Wednesday night Prayer Service. Missions Conference starts Sunday, October 21 thru Wednesday, October 24 with missionaries Gabriel Eiben, Carl Hewett, Bill Haag and Rev. Tim Lapish with the Tract Ministry. The yearly Annual Fall Festival kicks off on Tuesday, October 30 under the direction of Paul and Beverly Seeley.
• The Evangelical United Church of Christ invites you to join us this Sunday, October 14th for our weekly service. At 10am, Rev. Tomn Williams will be presenting a message entitled “Inherit Eternal Life?”. Please join us! 701 5th Street, Portsmouth.
• Riverview Wesleyan Church, will host a Free Coat and Chili Lunch on Saturday, October 30th from 9 am to 5 pm. the church is located on the Corner of 2nd & Madison in Portsmouth