Berean Baptist Church
• Berean Baptist Church, Special music will be a solo by Linda Niner in the morning worship service and the Mixed Quartet in the evening worship service on Sunday, June 9. Missionaries of the week are Dan and Sherry Hyden, serving in the Russian Ministry in NYC and supported by Berean since April 1999. Church Camp in the “Wilds” will be June 10 thru June 15. Another group of young people will be attending the Alpines church camp in Beckley , WV . A Parkinson/neurology class will be held on Thursday, June 13 and 20 at 1:30 p.m. at the church.
• The congregation of the First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge, Wheelersburg, is collecting items for Operation Christmas Child. Items which are being collected during June include quart and snack size ziplock bags, sunglasses, girls socks, boys’ and girls’ toys, coloring books and sidewalk chalk.
For more information about Operation Christmas Child or the church, call (740) 574-5031 or Randy Wickham, minister, at (740) 574-1913.
• Vacation Bible School, God’s Backyard Bible Camp, Union Free Will Baptist Church, 4576 State Route 140, Wheelersburg, June 17-21 6:00-8:30 p.m.
Ages 2 yrs- completed 6th grade.
• Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will be led in their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday June 9 by Priest Carol McGraw who will develop the weekly church theme of “Respond in Faith” with Teacher Luanne Day in charge of music for the service. Jessica Lincecum will be in charge of Children’s Church, also beginning at 10:30 AM, as the youth prepare a Father’s Day craft. This is also Subway Sunday when the saints go marching into the West Portsmouth Subway around 9:30 AM for fellowship before their Morning Worship Service.
• North Moreland Christian Baptist Church, Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Childrens Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno.
• McDermott Community of Christ will have Church School Sunday at 9:30 with opening devotions by Barbara Koch, followed by classes. The 10:45 worship will be an ordination service, with Priest Rhonda Morkassel being ordained to the office of Elder. The theme for the service is “Respond in Faith,” and Pastor Edward Cable will be presiding over the service. The speaker will be Priest Jeffrey Buffinger. Brenda Gillette will provide the children’s ministry. Rhonda Morkassel will be pianist for the service, and the ministry of music will be by Wanda Joslin. The prayer service on Wednesday, June 12 at 7pm will be held at the home of Rhonda Morkassel. A free lunch is served at the church every Thursday from 11am to 1 pm.
• Pleasant Valley Community of Christ, 723 Sedan Crabtree Road, Lucasville will be holding services on Sunday, June 9th. Worship service begins at 10:30 a.m. with Jodie Lewis delivering the morning message on the theme “ Respond in Faith” Ron Colley will preside over the service , while Justin Delong will offer the prayers. Jeannett Rachford will be presiding over the evening services
services on June 9th and at 7 pm on Wendsday June 12th, Book of Mormon study
with Phil Crabtree. Pleasant Valley Community of Christ will be hosting a songfest to support the Local Food Pantry on June 29th, starting at 11 am. Meal will be available. To donate food or to sing, pklease contact Lillian (740-259-4873) or Kathy (740-372-5901).
• Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, located at Third and Brown Streets, Sunday, June 9, 10 a.m. - Donuts, Coffee, Milk and Juice are served in the Fellowship Hall. Sunday, June 9, 10:30 a.m. - Morning Worship with Pastor Brian bringing the message. An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing is available at all services. Today’s Nursery Workers are Trish Williams and Alex Clark.
• The Lucasville Community of Christ, will observe the Ordinance, of “The Blessing of Children” on Sunday June 9.
Baby Cadee the daughter of Brandon and Jennifer Harbolt, will be blessed by her Great-Grandparents Evangelist Paul and Elder Carolyn Crabtree. Cadee’s Grandmother, Deacon Paula Bramblett will be the speaker for the 10:30 a.m. Worship Service. The Theme for the Worship Service is “Respond in Faith”, with Elder Jhonda Gregory in charge. Service will begin at 9:30 a.m., with a few minutes of fellowship,coffee/donuts, Sunday School begins 9:45 a.m.
Wednesday Evening Service - 6:00 p.m., Ladies Prayer Circle - 2nd Wednesday of the month, and “Adult Night Out Group” will be attending the Cincinnati Reds Game on Monday, June 17.
• Christ Brethren Church Women 5877 St. Rt. 139 will be holding their annual Yard Sale on
Sat. June 8 with a little bit of everything. Will have hot dogs. soup, homemade dessert.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices