• North Moreland Christian Baptist Church, Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Children’s Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno.
• Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will be led in their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday February 17 by Priest Carol McGraw who will develop the weekly church theme of “Give Your First Fruits” and by Teacher Luanne Day who will be in charge of music for the service. Children’s Church will begin at 10:30 AM also with the older youth of the branch studying ‘Courageous Witness’ and ‘Face Your Fears’. Immediately after Morning Worship the saints will gather for their annual Budget/Business meeting.
• Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt. 139 will be holding services on Sunday February 17 starting with morning service at 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening service at 7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m. Pastor Bob Davis.
• The ladies of the First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg, will meet for Bible study at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the church annex. Members and guest of COLTS will have their monthly luncheon and meeting at noon Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Ponderosa Steakhouse in Wheelersburg.
Helping Hands, the ladies group, will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, at the church annex. Brenda Wickham will be the hostess. For more information about these events or the church, call the church office at (740) 574-5031 or Randy Wickham, minister, at (740) 574-1913.
• Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, located at Third and Brown Streets in Portsmouth. Sunday, February 17, 10 a.m. - Donuts, Coffee, Juice, Milk served in the Fellowship Hall. Sunday, February 17, 10:30 a.m. - Morning Worship, with Pastor Brian bringing Message Three on a series he’s doing this month. Sunday, February 17, 10:30 a.m. - Children’s Church. Sunday, February 17, 6 p.m. - ReCap is our new Sunday night emphasis, where we get together to “go deeper” with the message from the Sunday Morning Worship Message. Sunday, February 17, following our Sunday evening services, the Youth will have a Sunday Night Afterglow at City Limits. Teens, bring money for bowling.
• • Wheelersburg Baptist Church, 11712 Gallia Pike, Wheelersburg, Medical Issues Night on Monday, February 25th from 6-9, with NANC Certified Counselor, Family Practice Physician, and Author, Dr. Charles Hodges. Lecture topics this year based on his new book, “Good Mood Bad Mood” on Understanding Bipolar Disorder. The Seminar is free! (A love offering will be taken to help defray expenses). For more information, please feel free to call the church at 740-574-5116. Biblical Counseling Classes continue here at WBC on Monday evenings from 6-9 p.m. Growth Groups begin at Wheelersburg Baptist Church on Sunday Evenings (every other week) March 17th through May 19th : Some of the topics include: The Treasure Principle, How the Gospel Brings Us All the Way Home, Humility: True Greatness, Reading Through the Pentateuch, and Spiritual Leadership. There will also be a class for Children through the sixth grade as well as a nursery for 3yrs and younger.
The Counseling Team from WBC in connection with the Union Mission of Charleston, WV, will be offering Counseling Discipleship Training Classes (a three weekend event!) beginning on March 22-23 (April 5-6, & 26-27). Contact the Union Mission in Charleston at 304-925-0366, wefeedpeople.com, or Wheelersburg Baptist Church for more details!
• Lucasville Community of Christ, 1392 Thomas Hollow Rd, Pastor Carolyn Crabtree, invites all to worship with us, February 17, 2013. The speaker for this morning is Deacon Paula Bramblett. The Theme for Sunday is “Give Your First Fruits”. Services begin at 9:30 a.m. with fellowship/ Donuts/Coffee, 9:45 is Sunday School, and Worship Service at 10:30 a.m. Sunday Evening 6:00 p.m.- “Family Night”. Wednesday Night Service - 6:00 p.m., Ladies Prayer Circle-2nd Wednesday of the month at 1:00 p.m., and “Adult Night Out” will be Monday, February 18 at 5:30 p.m. - “Buffalo Wild Wings” in Portsmouth.