• North Moreland Christian Baptist Church, September’s Youth Rally will be September 29th., 12:00 noon at Peace Valley Youth Camp. Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Childrens Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno. The church is currently selling our new cookbook, titled “Feeding the Flock”. The cookbooks are $10 each. Call Susie Munion at 876-9778 or Pam Pennington at 456-0429 to order one.
• Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt. 139 will be holding services on Sunday September 23 starting with morning services at 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening services at 7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m. Will be having a Revival on October 15-20 with Jared McKinney and Joe Nelson. Bob Davis Pastor.
• Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will share in the ministry of Priest Wayne Allen from the Pleasant Valley Branch of Community of Christ at their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday September 23. The weekly theme of “Be Servants of All” will be developed by Priest Vicki Bloomfield with music provided during the service by Emily Gillette. Children’s church will also begin at 10:30 AM. Camp Bountiful Work Day will begin at 9 AM on Saturday September 22 with lunch being served at noon.
• The Wheelersburg Christian Baptist Workers Auxilary will be having a christian variety show competition Thursday, Octobe 4, 7:00 p.m. at the Wheelersburg Christian Baptist Tabernacle. Participants must fill out a registration form and turn into the Christian Baptist office along with registration fee of $10 by September 28, 2012. For for information, please call 740-574-1675. There will also be preaching and singing on Friday, October 5, at 7:00 p.m. at the tabernacle with Mike Blanton and Evidence singing. Octoberfest 2012 will be on Saturday, October 6. Festivities include, old fashion country dinner $5.00. Flea Market starts at 8:00 a.m. $5.00 per table. Out-door singing 12:00-3:00. Apple Butter making. Quarts: $8.00 each. Pints $5.00 each. Sugar-free will also be available.
All activities will be located on the Christian Baptist Campgrounds, 11325 Old Gallia Pike, Wheelersburg, OH 45694.
• Old Philadelphia Tabernacle, Slusher Rd, Minford, Revival starts Sunday, September 23, Homecoming is October 7, Worship Services: Sunday School - 10 a.m., Sunday Evening - 7 p.m., Thursday Evening - 7 p.m., Any questions call - 259-5829 or 820-5895.
• St. John Lutheran Church will be holding there annual Craft Bazaar on Saturday, November 3 from 9:00 a.m. till 3:00 p.m. We are looking for Vendors to set up. Cost is $20 a table and $5 extra for electric. Please contact Christy at 961-9902 anytime or Vicki at 574-1124 on Tuesday and Thursday morning. You may leave a message at 574-8028.
• McDermott Community of Christ Church will feature guest speaker, Priest Paula Bramblette from Lucasville Community of Christ, at the Sunday worship service at 10:45am. Priest Rhonda Morkassal will be presiding over the service. Ministry of music will be by Rebecca Montgomery and Beverley Meadows will be pianist for the service. Pastor Edward Cable will provide children’s ministry. Church School will precede the worship service at 9:30am with worship by Mick and Brenda Gillette. Sunday evening at 7pm the church will host the Community Service which includes the McDermott Baptist Church and the McDermott Methodist Church. Prayer service will be Wednesday at 7pm. The church offers a free lunch every Thursday from 11am to 1 pm
• Berean Baptist Church, Winchester and Bloom, Sciotoville, Sunday School 9:30 AM Worship Service 10:40 a.m. Evening Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Service 7:00 p.m. with the Wednesday Night Kids Club (WNKC) and Teen Time
Visitation each Thursday at 1:00 p.m. for Sick and Shut-Ins and Church Wide Visitation 7:00 p.m.
Missionaries Israel and Adriana Roncancio, serving in Colombia , South America and supported by Berean since April 1, 2002, will be the special guests in the Morning Worship Service on Sunday, September 23. Missionary Leroy Peters will be teaching the combined Adult Sunday School Classes. Dr. Fred Mann will be bringing the message in the Evening Service. The Adult Choir Opener will be “Fairest Lord Jesus” and the Adult Choir Special will be “Come, Holy Spirit.” Special music will be a solo by Cheryl Rinehart in the Morning Worship Service and the Payne Family singing in the Evening Worship Service.
• The Evangelical United Church of Christ invites you to join us this Sunday, September 23rd for our weekly service. At 10am, Rev. Tom Williamns will be presenting a message entitled “A Recipe for Greatnesss”. 701 5th Street, Portsmouth.
• Plymouth Heights Church of the Nazarene, 25 Arnett Drive (behind Green High School), Franklin Furnace, Ohio is celebrating the church’s 50th Anniversary. To commemorate this event, The Pfeifers will be in concert on Friday, September 28, 2012 at 7:00 PM. ministry of The Pfeifers, who are based in Washington Court House, Ohio, is one that began over two decades ago when a vivacious 20-year old organized a musical group with several friends. This young group sang at campmeetings, crusades and virtually anywhere an invitation was received. Over the years, the group has evolved, and musical diversity has become the norm for this talented trio. The Pfeifers are recognized for their ability to stretch musical boundaries and provide listeners with a broad array of musical stylings.
On Sunday, September 30, 2012, Church of the Nazarene District Superintendent Rev. Trevor Johnston will be speaking in the 10:30 AM service. This will be followed by dinner on the grounds.
The Lore Family will be in concert on Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM. The Lore Family consists of Darren, Sandy and their children, Fayth (16) and Samuel (14). Over the past four years, The Lore Family has ministered in +100 churches. The Lore Family sings a variety of music including; classic & current southern gospel favorites, as well as, originals written by Darren. Whether singing with tracks, live music, or acapella, The Lore Family ministers to all ages.
For further information call 740-354-9021.
• Community of Christ, Pleasant Valley, 723 Sedan Crabtree Road, Lucasville will hold services on Sunday, Sept. 23 with Phil Crabtree delivering the morning message on the theme of “Be Servants of All” Sunday morning services start at 10:30 a.m.