• Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt. 139 will be holding services on Sunday December 2 starting with morning services at 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening service at 7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m. Bob Davis Pastor.
• Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, located at Third and Brown Streets, Sunday, December 2, 10 a.m. - Donuts, Coffee, Milk and Juice are served in the Fellowship Hall. Sunday, December 2, 10:30 a.m. - Pastor Brian Daniels will be bringing the message. An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing is available at all services. We are also continuing to do our LCM Food Pounding, to replenish our food pantry. We have a tree in the foyer of the church where we are placing the canned goods and non-perishable items we receive in front of it and hoping we receive enough to make the stacks as high as the tree. Sunday, December 2, 10:30 a.m. - Children’s Church. Our new series is “Professor Playtime’s Christmas Shop of Wonders.” Every Sunday, we will learn about a part of the Christmas story, as we explore subjects such as bravery, kindness, obedience, joy, patience, generosity and evangelism. Sunday, December 2, 6 p.m. - Sunday Night Live.
Wednesday, December 5, 7 p.m. - Prayer/Share Time Wednesday, December 5, 7 p.m. - The children will be practicing for their upcoming Christmas Program. Wednesday, December 5, 7 p.m. - Ten:10 Ministries, iLife for Teens, Grades 6 - 12.
• Ladies Meeting, Monday December 3 7:00 p.m. Speaking: Delores Carrington
Singing: Lisa Jordan. First Church of God, 466 Maynard Avenue, Franklin Furnace, OH 45629. For more information: 740-456-5888 or 740-353-7778.
• McDermott Community of Christ Church will celebrate the first Sunday of Advent with a communion service at 10:45am, with the sermon by Priest Rhonda Morkassel. Pastor Edward Cable will be presiding over the service, ministry of music and piano accompaniment will be by Barbara Koch. Tammy Buffinger will give the children’s ministry. Prior to the communion service Church School will begin at 9:30am with Mick and Brenda Gillette giving the church school worship before classes. Prayer meeting will be held Wednesday, December 5 at 7pm with Pastor Edward Cable presiding. A free lunch is served at the church every Thursday from 11am to 1 p.m.
• The annual holiday carry-in dinner will follow the 10:30 a.m. worship service Sunday, Dec. 2, at the First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg. Sunday school for all ages will begin at 9:30 a.m.
Men of the congregation will attend the KYOWVA Quarterly Men’s Supper Meeting at 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 3, at the Raceland (Ky.) Christian Church.
Ladies’ Bible study will begin at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4, in the church annex. Any lady who would like to attend Bible study is invited to attend.
Also, the ladies will leave the church at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, for lunch at Cheddar’s and shopping trip at Town Center Mall in Ashland, Ky. To make arrangements for transportation, call the church at (740) 574-5031.
For more information about these events or the congregation, call Randy Wickham, minister, at (740) 574-5031 or (740) 574-1913.
• Berean Baptist Church, Winchester and Bloom Sciotoville, Sunday Services:
Sunday School 9:30 a.m. Morning Worship Service 10:40 a.m. Beginner Church (3 to 5 year olds) 10:40 a.m. Kids Church (First thru sixth grade) 10:40 a.m. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Services: Wednesday Prayer Service 7:00 p.m. Kings Kids Club 7:00 to 8:15 p.m. Bus Ministry Visitation each Saturday 11:00 a.m.
Dr. Fred Mann from Independence, KY will be the main speaker in the Sunday a.m. and p.m. services on December 2. Cantata practice
will be Thursday, November 29 at 7:30 p.m. at the church. Bus Ministry visitation on Saturday, December 1 at 11:00 a.m. Special birthday recognition for Harry Willis celebrating his 81st birthday on November 28 and Helen Spence celebrating her 83rd birthday on December 7. Special anniversary for Doug and Debbie Harness, celebrating 38 yrs. on December 7. Special missionaries are Musa and Judith Abu Ali, serving in Israel (Arab Sector) and supported by Berean since June 1, 1990.
• The Evangelical United Church of Christ will hold services on Sunday, December 2ndfor our weekly service. At 10am, Rev.Peter Michael will be presenting a message entitled “Advent- The Coming of the Son of Man”. 701 5th Street, Portsmouth.
• Plymouth Heights Church of the Nazarene, 25 Arnett Drive (behind Green High School), Franklin Furnace, Ohio, will present “Mary Did You Know?” on Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM and on Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM. Under the direction of Connie Otworth, the Plymouth Heights Church of the Nazarene Choir will be performing this musical cantata based on the birth of the Christ Child through the eyes of people today. The cantata gives relevance to this miraculous birth event into modern day thinking. Pastor Andy Ramey. For further information call 740-354-9021.
• The Lucaville Community of Christ, 1392 Thomas Hollow Rd. will be holding services on December 2. This sunday marks the first sunday of Advent. The these for this sunday is “God’s Promise Will Be fulfilled”. The sacrament of communion will be observed with Priest Tim Greene presenting the morning message. Services begin with coffee and donuts at 9:30 a.m. Sunday School at 9:45 a.m. and worship at 10:30 a.m. Pastor Carolyn Crabtree.
• Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will begin the Advent Journey with their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday December 2. Elder Gwen Mason will develop the theme of “God’s Promise Will Be Fulfilled” with Teacher Luanne Day providing music for the Communion and HOPE Advent service. Children’s Church will also begin at 10:30 AM. After the Morning Worship Service the saints will gather for fellowship in the church basement for their annual ‘Holiday Dinner’.