The Scioto County Board of DD met July 17. In addition to routine business, the Board took the following actions:
- Adopted a proclamation honoring employee Lyvette Mosley on the occasion of her retirement
- Amended the Title XX policy
- Amended the complaint resolution policy
- Approved a three percent pay raise for part-time, substitute, and intermittent staff, effective August 18
- Placed a moratorium on cash pay-outs of vacation time for contracted employees
- Placed a freeze all wages to begin immediately after the August 18 increase is enacted
- Approved the a new contract for the Director of Early Childhood services
- Approved a contract with Grayson Speech Therapy for occupational therapy services for children
The Ethics Committee did not meet, as there were no matters needing review.
The next regular meeting of the Board is set for August 21 at 6:00 PM in the STAR, Inc. building, 2625 Gallia Street, Portsmouth. The Ethics Committee may meet beginning at 5:45, if there is business to discuss. Special meetings will be announced separately. All meetings of the Board are open to the public.