Services at area churches
* North Moreland Christian Baptist Church, Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Childrens Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno.
* Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will gather to worship at their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday January 26 with Elder Kathy Deemer bringing forth the Morning Message. She will develop the weekly world church theme of “Follow Christ”. Elder Carol McGraw will be in charge of music for the service and Children’s Church will alsobegin at 10:30 AM.
* The congregation of the First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg, will have the 7th annual Chili Cook-off at 11:45 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 26, in the church basement. For those who cannot eat chili, there will be a variety of other food. Worship service will begin at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 26, and Randy Wickham, minister, will be preaching. Sunday school will start at 9:30 a.m. Tom and Valerie DeCamp will host and facilitate the Family Life’s “The Art of Marriage,” a video event, at 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 22, at the church. Lunch and snacks will be provided. Cost will be $10 per person, and the registration deadline is Feb. 16. To register call the church office at (740) 574-5031. For more information about these events or the church, call the church office at (740) 574-5031 or Randy Wickham, minister, at (740) 574-1913.
* Berean Baptist Church, 5526 Winchester Ave. Sciotoville, January 22 - Prayer Service 7:00 p.m., January 22 - AWANA 6:45 p.m., January 23 - Cantata Practice - 7:00 p.m., January 26 - Communion after the morning worship service
February 6 - Cantata Practice - 7:00 p.m., February 10 – Youth Rally – 7:00 p.m., February 20 - Cantata Practice - 7:00 p.m. Special missionaries of the week are Jeff and Sabra Wilson, serving with Old Path Ministry in VA and the USA, and supported by Berean since April, 2003.
* Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt. 139 in Rubyville will be holding services on Sunday Janurary 26 starting with morning services at 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening service at 7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m. with Gerald Penix teaching the Bible Study class.
* Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, located at Third and Brown Streets, Sunday, January 26, 9:30 a.m. - Prayer Time in the Sanctuary. Sunday, January 26, 10 a.m. - Bible Discovery Class. There is a class for every age. Today’s Nursery workers for Bible Discovery and Morning Worship are Jacque Evens and Angela Maxwell. Sunday, January 26, 11 a.m. - Morning Worship. Pastor Brian Daniels will bring the message. An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing is available at all services. Sunday, January 26, 11 a.m. - Children’s Church. Tuesday, January 28, 3 - 5 p.m. - Local Compassionate Ministries Food Pantry is open. Wednesday, January 29, 6 p.m. - Wednesday Night Fellowship Dinner. All teens and children eat free. Cost is $5 per adult (to help offset the expense of the kids and teens.) . Children and Teen ministries begin at 6:30, adult ministries begin at 6:45. The adults are viewing “The Circle Maker.”
* The ‘Willing Workers’ ladies’ group of the South Shore First Church of the Nazarene, 356 S.M. Roberson Drive, South Shore, KY 41174 will host their annual Valentine Breakfast fundraising program Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014.
The menu is pancakes; biscuits & gravy; sausage; orange juice; milk or coffee. Breakfast is $6 and will be served anytime from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm. Eat it in our Fellowship Hall or carryout the meal.
Pastor David Robirds welcomes everyone. Proceeds will be used for general building improvements and furnishings.
On Facebook, find us as “facebook.south.shore.nazarene” and on the web, as “www.southshorenazarene.org”.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices