* Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, located at Third and Brown Streets, Sunday, November 17, 9:30 a.m. - Prayer time in the Sanctuary. Sunday, November 17, 10 a.m. - Bible Discovery - Classes for all ages from Nursery through Senior Adult. Sunday, November 17, 11 a.m. - Morning Worship with Tom Kiser from Prayer Stand International speaking. An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing is available at all services. Following Morning Worship, the Teens will be having their annual Chili Cook-Off. Tickets are $5.00. Awards will be given to the best Chili in the three different categories. Following the Cook-Off, there will be a Evangelism and Discipleship Seminar led by Tom Kiser. Everyone is encouraged to attend. Monday, November 18, 6:30 p.m. - Men’s Prayer Meeting at New Boston Nazarene. Tuesday, November 19, 3 - 5 p.m. - LCM Food Pantry is open. Wednesday, November 20, 6 p.m. - Fellowship Dinner. Wednesday, November 20, 6:30 p.m. - Children, Teen Ministries and Prayer Meeting.
* Berean Baptist Church, 5526 Winchester Ave. Sciotoville, 9:30 a.m. Sunday School, 10:40 a.m. Sunday Worship Service
4:45 p.m. Sunday Adult Choir Practice, 5:30 p.m. Sunday Men and Ladies Prayer Meeting, 6:45 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. AWANA and the New Life Teens, 7:00 - 8:15 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting, 11:00 a.m. Saturday Bus Ministry Visitation.
Pastor Tim Goodwin will be preaching in both the a.m. and p.m. services on Sunday, November 17 with communion in the evening service. Special 59th anniversary recognition to Ralph and Bea Wynn on November 20 and 35th anniversary recognition to Ron and Ann Fankell on November 24. Missionaries of the week are John and Barbara Sage, serving in USA Hispanic Ministry and supported by Berean since August 1993. Handbells rehearsal on November 17 and 24 with special performances in December. Board meeting on Monday, November 18 at 6:30 p.m. Missionaries Chad and Wendy Justice, from Dominican Republic will be in the Wednesday night prayer service on November 20. Teens will be5th Quarter Friday, November 22 from 8:00 p.m. to midnight for the teens.
* The First Church of Christ will hosts a packing party for Operation Christmas Child from 1:30 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17, at the church basement, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg. Also, hours for Operation Christmas Child Collection Week will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18, through Friday, Nov. 22, and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, at the church. COLTS will have their monthly meeting and luncheon at noon Tuesday, Nov. 19, at Ponderosa, Ohio River Road, Wheelersburg. Helping Hands, the ladies group, will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21, at the church annex, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg. For more information about these events or the church, call the church office at (740) 574-5031 or Randy Wickham, minister, at (740) 574-1913.
* North Moreland Christian Baptist Church, Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Childrens Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno.
* Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will gather together on Sunday November 17 at their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service with Elder Vicki Crabtree developing the weekly world church theme of “Rejoice in God’s New Creation” and Priest Carol McGraw will provide the ministry of music. Elder Gwen Mason and Lorry Swain will lead the youth in Children’s Church also at 10:30 AM.
* On Thursday, November 28, Thanksgiving Day Shawnee Hills Baptist Church (Eden Park) will host and provide a Thanksgiving Day Community Meal in their Christian Education Building (across the street from Church) located at 74 Hinkley Hollow Rd., Portsmouth. The meal will be served from 11:00 AM-3:00 PM. To learn more call the Church office at (740)456-4028.
* Lucasville Community of Christ, Thomas Hollow Road, will begin their services Sunday, Nov. 17 at 9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:45 a.m., and Worship Service - 10:30a.m. The Theme for Sunday is “Rejoice in God’s New Creation”. This service will be dedicated entirely to the “Sacrament of the Blessing of Children”. Elder Carolyn Crabtree, Pastor will preside over the service, with Elder Paul Gregory bringing the Morning Message. Terry and Bethany Greenhill will present their children, Kalob Lee and Brynnli Paige, for the Blessing. Elder Bob Rickman, Great-Grandfather of Kalob and Brynnli, will give the Prayer of Blessing, with Evangelist Paul Crabtree, assisting. Wednesday Evening Service - 6:00 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18 - “The Adult Night Out Group” will meet at LaRosa’s -5:30 p.m.
* The Christian Workers Auxiliary will be having a Big Benefit Breakfast November 30th, 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon at the Wheelersburg Christian Baptist Campgrounds dining hall. $7.00 for adults and $4.00 for children under ten years old. The campgrounds are located at 11325 Old Gallia Pike, Wheelersburg.
* Porter F.W.B. Fellowship Hall will hold a Christmas Bazaar Nov. 16 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. 1343 Dixon Mill Rd. Sciotoville.
* Rosemount Community Church, 1313 Rosemount Road will host a concert on Nov. 17 at 7 p.m. Singers include, Seventh Day Slumber, Small Town America Tour, Havenstance and Submission Red.* White Gravel Community Church, 4979 While Gravel Road will hold services on Nov. 24 in which the White Gravel Youth Band will be playing starting at 10 a.m.