Area church services
* The Lucasville Community of Christ, Thomas Hollow Rd., will begin their services on Sunday, Sept. 29, at 9:30 a.m., with Sunday School at 9:45 a.m. Elder Jhonda Gregory will preside over the 10:30 a.m. Worship Service. The Theme for this Sunday is “God is With Us”, with Teacher Donald Altman bringing the Morning Message. A Prayer Service will follow. We will be getting ready for our Annual Bazaar to be held on Nov. 7th & 8th. Candy Making - Oct. 14 & 15 - 5 pm, Pumpkin Logs - Oct. 28, 29, 30. Pastor Carolyn Crabtree.
•Church Yard Sale on Saturday Oct 5th at Community of Christ, Pleasant Valley Branch, 723 Sedan Crabtree Road, 9:30 - 2 pm. Pleasant Valley Community of Christ, 723 Seadan Crabtree Road, Lucasville will be holding services on Sunday, Sept 29th. Adult and Youth Sunday School starts at 9:30 followed by Worship service begins at 10:30 a.m. with speaker to be announced for the morning message on the theme “ GOD Is With Us “. Ed Carver will preside over the service , while Jeannette Ratchford will offer the prayers. Rozana McCall will provide the piano for the service. Come out and enjoy the fellowship at the Pleasant Valley Branch. Jodie will be presiding over the evening service. This Wendsday, Sept 25th is Youth Meeting and every other Wendsday.
* Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will be led in their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday September 29 by Priest Carol McGraw who will develop the weekly church theme of “God Is with Us” and will also bring forth the Morning Message. Kathy Deemer will provide the music ministry and Children’s Church will also begin at 10:30 AM.
*North Moreland Christian Baptist Church. Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Childrens Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno.
* Weekly services will include Sunday school at 9:30 a.m. and worship at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 22, at the First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge, Wheelersburg, and midweek Praise, Prayer and Bible Study will be 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25.
Members and friends of the First Church of Christ will leave the church parking lot at 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22, for the Singspiration at Quincy (Ky.) Church of Christ. Music will be provided by talent from several area churches.
For more information about the church or these events, call the church office at )740) 574-5031 or Randy Wickham, minister, at (740) 574-1913.
* Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, located at Third and Brown Streets.Sunday, September 29, 10 a.m. - Donuts, Coffee, Milk and Juice are served in the Fellowship Hall. Sunday, September 29, 10:30 a.m. - Morning Worship with Pastor Brian Daniels bringing the message. An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing is available at all services. We will be taking up our Alabaster Offering this morning. Sunday, September 29, 10:30 a.m. - Children’s Church. Tuesday, October 1, 3 - 5 p.m. - LCM Food Pantry is open.
Wednesday, October 2, 6 p.m. - We start our new Fall Schedule today. Wednesday Night Fellowship Dinners are back! These meals are “kid friendly.” There will be a reasonable price per person for those able to pay. We want to be able to provide free meals for our bus kids every Wednesday. Wednesday, October 2, 6:30 p.m. - Prayer/Share, Teens and Childrens Ministries. A staffed Nursery opens at 6:25 p.m. each Wednesday.
* Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt. 139 in Rubyville will be holding services on Sunday 29 starting with morning services 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening service at 7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m. will be studying Luke in the Bible.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices