May 4, 2014
* Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will be under the guest ministry of Elder Harry Harrell, from their sister branch Jackson Community of Christ, during their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday May 4. The weekly World Church theme of “Break Bread Together” will be developed by Elder Vick Bloomfield with Elder Kathy Deemer presenting the musical selections. Bread will be broken as Commuion is partaken during the service and Jessica Lincecum along with Rachael McGraw will be in charge of Mother’s Day Crafts during Children’s Church will also begin at 10:30 AM. The Branch “Loved Ones” group will meet at the Counseling Center on Wednesday May 7 for their monthly meeting beginning at 5 PM.
* Jared Purdee, son of Willie and Angie Purdee of Ironton, will bring the message during the 10:30 a.m.worship service, May 4, at the First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg. Sunday school will start at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. Willie Purdee, executive director of KYOWVA Evangelistic Association, will bring the message during the 6 p.m. worship and praise service Sunday. Randy Wickham, minister, will be leading the song service at the Spring Revival May 4 to 7 at the Westwood (Ky.) Christian Church, and Kerry Allen, director of Person to Person Ministries, will be the guest speaking. Ladies Bible Study will begin at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 6, at the church annex. For more information about these events or the church, call the church office at (740) 574-5031.
* North Moreland Christian Baptist Church will be having a Baby Parade Sunday, May 4th during the morning service. Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Childrens Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno.
* Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt. 139 in Rubyville will be holding services on Sunday May 4 starting with morning service at 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening service at 7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m. with us studying in the Bible. Gerald Penix Pastor.
*Berean Baptist Church, 5526 Winchester Ave. Sciotoville, Sunday, May 4 a.m. Jubilate Appalachian Bible Bell Choir and p.m. Jeff Reason, Missionary to Nova Scotia and supported by Berean since May 1984. May 11 Harry Ramsey preaching in the p.m service. Special missionaries of the week are Dr. P. D. and Mrs. Cherian, serving in South India Baptist Bible College in India and supported by Berean since August 2005.
* Christ’s Restoration Branch, 585 Pine Lane and Rt. 348 Lucasville will be having a Fish Dinner on Saturday, May 10 from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Adult meals are $7 children 12 and under $3.50 and two and under free.
* The Wakefield Free Will Baptist Church Ladies will have their annual Spring Garage Sale on May 9 and 10 from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Friday and ( a.m. - 3:30 p.m. on Saturday. The sale will be at the Scioto Township Fire Station in Wakefield on Wakefield-Mound Road. north of Lucasville.
* Christ United Methodist Church, 5731 Gallia Street Portsmouth, Sunday Worship at 9:30 a.m. with a message by Pastor Caleb LaFond entitled “It Begins with Grace” Sunday School at 11:00 a.m. Monday, -Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser: Lunch carryout or delivery 10:30-1:00 p.m. and Dinner dine in or carryout 4:30-6:00 p.m. Adults $8.00 and children (under 10) $5 Wednesday, 7:00 p.m.-Celebration Choir practice