April 6, 2014
* Lucasville Community of Christ, Thomas Hollow Rd., will begin their services on April 6 at 9:30 a.m.. Worship Service - 10:30 a.m. Teacher Donald Altman will present the theme “Raised to New Life” with Elder Carolyn Crabtree, presiding over the services. The “Sacrament of Communion” will be observed on this Sunday. Wednesday Evening Services - 6 p.m.
* McDermott Community of Christ will have a guest minister, Cara Clifford from West Virginia, for the Sunday morning 10:45 worship service. Elder Rhonda Morkassel will preside over the service and Teresa Gillette will have Children’s Ministry. Bev Meadows will be pianist for the service and Erica Meadows will have the ministry of music. Church school will begin at 9:30am. On Sunday evening at 6pm we will host a community service along with the McDermott Baptist Church and the McDermott Methodist church. Prayer meeting will be held Wednesday at 7pm with Pastor Ed Cable presiding. A free lunch is served at the church every Thursday from 11 to 1 p.m.
* The Evangelical United Church of Christ will hold services on Sunday starting at 10am as Rev. Peter Michael delivers his sermon.. 701 5th Street, Portsmouth. For more information call 740-354-1420.
* Christ United Methodist Church, 5731 Gallia Street, Portsmouth, Sunday Worship at 9:30 a.m. with a message by Pastor Caleb LaFond entitled “Giving Up Our Lives” Sunday School follows at 11 a.m. Sunday Evening Combined service at 6 p.m. at Wheelersburg UMC with Pastor Sam Peters bringing the message. A fellowship time will follow the service.
* First Christian Church 843 Third and Gay Street located a crossed the street from the Vern Riffe Center. This Sunday opening devotions by: Leota Patten and we welcome Rev. Tom Williams as guest minister starting at 9:30 a.m., his sermon will be on A Matter of Life and Death, John 11, communion will be celebrated.. On April 14th, will start the annual Lenten Luncheon from Monday to Friday from 12 noon to 1 pm. each day. Fifteen plus area churches will provide lunches for the week, and hosted by First Christian Church, speakers and music welcome. For further information you may call the church at 740-354-1229.
* Berean Baptist Church, 5526 Winchester Ave. Sciotoville, Ladies Bible Study taught by Christy Goodwin each Thursday at 10 a.m. Cantata Practice on April 3. April 13 missionary Sam & Sharon Dayanand from India will be in the a.m. service on April 13; Youth Rally April 14; Cantata Practice April 17; April 21 Board Meeting at 6:30 p.m.; communion in the p.m. service April 27.
* Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will continue the Lenten journey as they partake of Communion at their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday April 6. The weekly World Church theme of “Raised to New Life” will be developed by Elder Kathy Deemer and Ministry of Music will be presented by Teacher Luanne Day. Elder Kathy Deemer will bring forth the Morning Message and a special ministry duet will be sung by Elder Vicki Crabtree and Keldon Bowling. In the eve of Sunday April 6 the saints will gather at West Portsmouth to hear the “Words of Counsel” given by World Church President Stephen Veazey. All branches of the Community of Christ are invited to the webcast that will begin at 7 PM.
* North Moreland Christian Baptist Church will be having Passion Sunday, April 6th in the morning service. Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Childrens Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno.
* Several ladies of the First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg, will attend the Ladies Retreat at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 12, at the Quincy (Ky.) Church of Christ.
It is time to Pack the Pantry for the summer camp season at Howell’s Mills Christian Assembly at Ona, W.Va. Members of the First Church of Christ have been asked to donate boxes of Rice Krisipies and Gluten Free Rice Chex cereal.
Items that will be collected for Operation Christmas Child during April will include soap, wash cloths, toys, craft kits, stuffed animals, winter apparel and individually wrapped hard candy.
For more information about these events or the church, call the church office at (740) 574-5031 or Randy Wickham, minister, at (740) 574-1913.
* Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene Sunday, April 6, 9:30 a.m. - Prayer time in the Sanctuary. Sunday, April 6, 10 a.m. - Bible Discovery Class - We have classes for all ages from Nursery through Adult. Sunday, April 6, 11 a.m. - Morning Worship with Pastor Brian bringing the message. An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing is available at all services. Sunday, April 6, 3 p.m. - Leadership Team meeting. This will be the orientation meeting for the newly elected Leadership Team. Tuesday, April 8, 3 - 5 p.m. - Local Compassionate Ministries Food Pantry hours are observed. Wednesday, April 9, 6 p.m. - Fellowship Dinner that is free for all kids and teens and $5 for adults. Wednesday, April 9, 6:30 p.m. - “One Way Love” Study on God’s grace for the Adults and the Children and Teens have their activities.
* Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt, 139 in Rubyville will be holding services on Sunday April 6 starting with morning services at 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening service at 7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m.
* Millers Run Church in Lucasville will host Wade Spencer in concert on Sunday, April 13 at 6:30 p.m. for more information call 740-259-6379.
* Christ’s Restoration Branch, 585 Pine Lane and State Route 348 in Lucasville will host an Easter Baskets Sale on Thursday April 10 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Baskets range from $4 to $18 filled with toys and candy.