By: Wayne Allen
June 1, 2013
At its regular meeting held on May 16, the Clay Local Board of Education acted on the following measures:
• Approved minutes of the April meeting,
• Accepted the financial reports,
• Approved the 5-year forecast.
• Heard reports from principals’ Tony Piguet and Todd Warnock.
• Accepted an employee resignation,
• Employed Davida Justice and Kristen Campbell as teachers.
• Employed Judy Caseman and Kitty Rose as educational aides.
• Employed two nurses to aide a handicapped student.
• Authorized the Treasurer to advertise for supplies and services.
• Approved the OHSAA participation resolution for 2013-14.
• Employed Erin Sutton as a summer school teacher,
• Employed Lisa Phillips as summer GOT supervisor,
• Approved numerous supplemental contracts for 2013-2014,
• Discussed educational issues with Kaci Foster who is a field representative for
Representative Brad Wenstrup.
The next regular Board meeting is scheduled for June 20 at 7:00 p.m. in the Board room.