For nearly thirty years, The Community Common has served the people of South Central Ohio and Northeastern Kentucky as their primary source of news, as well as a guide to satisfy the community’s appetite for goods and services through advertising of local merchants. The Community Common traces its heritage back to 1982. The first issue was dated October 12, 1982. The Community Common has been the community’s favorite source of the printed advertising word and advertiser inserts.MULTIMEDIA DELIVERY TO A NEARLY 100% of the COMMUNITY
Our goal of giving readers a balanced and fair account of what goes on in this community and elsewhere in the world will never change, while the means through which we deliver your community news and information has expanded rapidly. Today, our community members can take their news in print every Sunday, through e-mail daily, online and using their mobile devices anytime, as well as through live streaming broadcasts from locations around town. Currently we reach more than 75,000 community members across these various products.MISSION STATEMENT
The Community Common seeks to provide the news the community needs, reported faithfully and fully, with respect for all and favor to none. We strive to be authoritative and insightful, to inform and to delight.
To accomplish this mission, we set for ourselves the following goals:
• To be the indispensable, timely source of information and community coverage, examining all subjects that impact readers.
• To provide community members with information relevant to their daily lives.
• To raise issues aggressively and constructively in matters of public interest.
• To reflect the diversity of our community’s people.
• To ensure that the right information, reaches the right audience, at the time they want it using the wide variety of formats available to us.
Our news and information products have our name on it, however we want you to think of it as yours, too. Use it, enjoy it, and let us know how we can make it better. We are always eager to hear from you.
Bill Warnock, General Manager
Phone: 740-353-1151 or 740-464-9029